1. First it is important to get the widget's HTML code. In this case,
let's take a weather widget from http://www.weather.com
1. Go to your website editor and open the page where you want to
insert the poll.
TIP: If you want to show the poll on every page of your website, click
1. In the web editor open the page where you want to insert the forum.
2. Click on "More" - "Widgets" and choose "Forum" in the toolbar.
3. Fill the field "...
The Google Analytics service allows you to collect, display and
analyze data about your traffic. Using this information can contribute
to the success of your we...
If you want your visitors to leave messages on your website, you can
add a guestbook. Messages that visitors write in the guestbook will
appear on the page.
1. Go to your website editor and open the page where you want to
insert the map.
TIP: If you want to show the map on every page of your website, click
1. Go to YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/], select the video you want
to add to your site and copy its URL.
2. Go to your website editor and open the page whe...
When visitors click the button "I like" in their Facebook wall they
will see a link to your website and their friends can share the link.
What does this mean fo...
By clicking on Google +1, visitors can show their appreciation of your
site thus helping increase traffic to your website. To place a Google
+1 button follow th...
1. Log in to your Twitter account and click on the gear icon in the
toolbar. Choose "Settings".
2. In the menu choose "Widgets".
3. Click "Create new".
You can promote your fan page on Facebook through a "Facebook Page
plugin". This way you get new fans directly from your website.
1. Go to your website editor...
1. FILE FOR DOWNLOAD
In order to download music on your website, it must be in MP3 format.
Don't know how to insert a file for download? Click here
Tags are words and/or phrases that describe the content of your
website. Tags make it easy for your visitors to navigate through the
content. With Webnode, you ...
A contact form is a great tool that allows your visitors to contact
you quickly and easily, directly from your website. You will find the
instructions how to ad...
Google Webmaster Tools (Search Console) provide you with detailed
reports about the visibility of your pages in Google. Search engine
robots inform you about wh...
Purchasing a Premium Package offers you the opportunity to use your
own domain, however the domain is not included in the package.
Purchasing a Premium Package ...
Once you create your website, the domain name can not be changed.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
1. You can register a new website under the new website address. In a
1. CHANGING AN E-MAIL THAT HAS NOT YET BEEN VERIFIED
If after creating your Webnode account, you need to change the email
address, go here [http://www.webnode....
Unfortunately, the type of your website cannot be changed for
technical reasons. Each website category (personal, business and
e-shop) has its own characteristi...
Webnode services can only be paid for one year. Package prices listed
per month on www.webnode.com [http://www.webnode.com] help users
understand the breakdown ...
Yes! You can transfer the Premium Package to another project, but it
will be no longer possible to pass the Package further. To start the
transfer process pleas...
Yes. Please contact our customer service department from the
administration of your project, and please include your email address,
as well as the email address...
Yes! You can easily register or transfer a domain to your Webnode
To register a new domain with your Webnode project, go to the ...
Yes, with Webnode you can create your own business website and online
Business websites [http://www.webnode.com/business-websites/] are a
great option ...
The contact information you completed when you created your project is
shown in the "Contact" of your website. If you want to change such
contact information, f...
1. In the website editor, click on "Settings".
2. Select the "Website Footer".
3. This opens a new window. In the "Footer text" you can put, for
1. In the website editor click on "Website Template" in the toolbar.
2. A window will open where you can choose the template you like.
Click to choose. You ca...
When editing text you might find that you need to change size of some
words or change their type (font).
1. First log into Webnode and go to the web editor an...
A Favicon is a small picture (an .ico file) associated with a page or
a particular website. The Favicon usually appears in the address bar
and / or in the heade...
An RSS feed is a great tool that you can use to update your visitors
about news on your website. An RSS feed automatically generates short
messages from news or...
Forms are a useful tool that allows your website visitors to sign up
for an event, for
a newsletter, to reserve a table in your restaurant, or to send you a
1. Go to your website editor and click on "New".
2. Fill in the "Page name", which is the name of the new page as you
want it to appear on the menu.
You can create an email account if you have your own domain
If you need to direct visitors from your site to another website,
article, or to another page on your site, you can simply insert a link
in the formatted text. ...
Webnode provides a domain name registration as a paid service
(described in paragraph 4 of the terms and conditions
Accessing your site will be much easier for your users if you have
your own domain name. No need to worry about the content of your
website, nothing will change...
Before the domain transfer, please take note of the following.
* The domain will be changed with the transfer of the domain DNS
records. If you use email se...
After receiving a payment confirmation of a registration or domain
transfer, we'll begin the verification process of this domain which
takes 24-48 hours to comp...
1. Go to the website editor of your project and click "Website
2. Click on "My templates". Download the zipped template by clicking
on the button "...
1. In the website editor of your project click on "Website template".
2. Click on "Advanced Settings".
3. Select "Edit CSS" in the new window.
NOTE: CSS e...
Click on "Edit menu" above the menu in your website.
In the new window you can make the following modifications:
1. Modify the order of the tabs: click on t...
To change the title of your website (not the URL!), its slogan or
logo, edit the header of the web.
1. In your website editor click on "Settings" and select "...
1. Go to your web editor, place your mouse over the heading and click
on the orange button "Edit Image" to open the editor.
2. To add a new image, click on "A...
WHAT IS AUTOMATIC RENEWAL?
Webnode offers automatic renewals for any Premium Package or domain
purchased through Webnode using a credit card or PayPal. If one...
You can access form entries sent by your visitors using the contact
1. Log in your Webnode project administration and click on "Upgrade
2. Choose the Premium Package by clicking on the "Purchase" button for
1. First step is to loggin to your Webnode project, go to your project
administration section and click on "Upgrade your services".
2. Choose the Premium Pack...
Premium services can be purchased using:
* BANK TRANSFER (it is essential to include the payment
* CREDIT CARD
* PAYPAL (a popula...
The Password protection feature allows you to protect certain parts of
your website with a password to allow access to selected visitors.
This feature is availa...
1. Sign in to your Webnode user account at www.webnode.com
[http://www.webnode.com/sign-in/]. Once you've signed in, click on
2. Confirm tha...
Webnode offers our users discount vouchers for Premium services
through various promotions on Facebook
[http://www.facebook.com/webnode] and Twitter
There is no limit to how many sites you can have, you can create as
many as you want! After you log into your account
[http://www.webnode.com/sign-in/] on Webno...
IF YOU HAVE A WEBNODE ACCOUNT
A friend or family member has asked you to collaborate with them on
their Webnode website by granting you administrator or webmas...
1. Go to your website editor. Add a new article by clicking on
"Articles" -"New category" or use one already created.
2. Click on "Add article".
3. In the n...
If you wish to post current information about your company, announce
events to your users or if you're interested in writing a personal or
company blog, it is a...
A list is used to display lists of products, contacts, services,
references, etc. The items in the catalogue are clearly arranged in a
row. For Business project...
1. In your website editor, click on "Text and Images" or choose a
block of text already created.
2. Click on "Insert Image".
3. Choose "Upload images" and c...
1. Go to your website editor and open the page with the photo gallery.
Click "Edit gallery" at the top.
2. Click on "Upload images".
3. Select the images yo...
1. Add a content block by clicking on "Text and Images" or choose one
2. Click on "Edit content".
3. Select the text where you want ...
1. To create a new content block, click on "Text and images" in the
2. Click "Edit Content" in the top bar of the block.
3. A window will open wher...
The member registration feature is a great new tool that allows your
visitors to register for your website's secure pages
The best way how to change password for your new e-mail account
on Webnode is throug...
1. Go to your website editor. Create
1. Go to your website editor. Open the page with the photo gallery and
click on "Edit gallery".
2. Click on the image you want to edit.
3. You can rotate or...
1. Add a content block by clicking on "Text and Images" or choose a
content block already created.
2. Click on "Edit content".
3. Click "Insert File".
1. Go to your website editor and then open the page where you choose
to display the file. Add a new content block, by clicking on "Text and
images", or choose o...
1. Go to your website editor and open the page where you want the
table to appear.
2. Click on "Text and Images" to create a new content block or choose
You can manage the categories of articles by clicking the "Articles"
icon in the toolbar. Click the arrow next to the category. You can add
an article category ...
You can manage catalogues/lists with the Lists icon in the toolbar.
Click the drop-down arrow next to the selected list to open the
options menu. You can see th...
Before your website is ready to go online you can prevent others from
seeing the content of the website. There are more options how to do
1. Don't publi...
If you log into your Webnode project only to find the editor is
constantly loading, it's most likely that there is INVALID HTML CODE
ON ONE OF YOUR PAGES usuall...
Unfortunately, the name of the deleted project is not available for
the next 30 days because of technical restrictions.
If you do not wish to wait 30 days, yo...
1. Go to http://www.webnode.com/new-password/
2. Enter the email address you used to register with Webnode. Click on
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all necessary information,
such as why the site is abusive, or with links to the specific abusive
No need to worry, if the order is not paid it doesn't matter. Our
system only activates Premium services after receiving payment to our
account and all other or...
1. Enter your Webnode account from www.webnode.com
[http://www.webnode.com], and click on "My Profile" at the top right
corner of the page.
2. On the next pag...
Need a little help from your friends or family to edit and maintain
your website? You can invite friends and family to collaborate with
you by following these e...
You can create versions of your website in different languages.
1. After logging into Webnode and selecting your project, go to the
web editor of your website...
There are two ways to insert a banner into your website for linking to
a sponsor, a friend, or just to your favorite website. The first way
is to get the html c...
You can place files on your website that visitors will be able to
download from your website to their computer. This is useful if you
want them to make availabl...
Articles on your site are useful for publishing current information,
events, news, or for running your own blog. Articles are inserted in
blocks and arranged be...
A catalogue can be used as a REFERENCE LIST, A PEOPLE DIRECTORY (such
as "Our Team"), OR AS A LIST OF PRODUCTS. Items are arranged neatly
and it is easy for vis...
Tables on your site can be used for many different purposes. It can be
used for recording results of sports matches, registration prices,
lists of services, or ...
In the online editor you can both edit your website and add new
content. In the upper part of the editor you will find a toolbar with
buttons that you can use f...
Yes, of course! We do several backups of all Webnode projects (for
both Free and Premium) daily. Backup is done in case server failure or
any breakdown occurs, ...
Only certain file types can be uploaded to websites for security
reasons, a feature part of the free version. We avoid misuse of our
services, one that involves...
1. Go to www.webnode.com [http://www.webnode.com/] and enter the
desired address for your new website in the "Website address" field,
as well as your email and ...
If you've already added the form for new member registrations
1. Click "Edit menu" above the menu of your website.
2. In the list you can see all pages of your website and in the right
column, you can see if a page is pu...
Some Webnode templates allow a limited number of pages in the menu. If
this number is exceeded, the rest of the pages does not appear in the
menu. You can chang...
1. Click on "Edit menu" at the top of your website.
2. In the list you will see all sections of the menu of your website.
In the right column, the published a...
1. KEEP YOUR WEBSITE UPDATED ACCORDING TO YOUR BUSINESS OR SCOPE
It's particularly important to use keywords in the titles of your
articles or pages. For examp...
If you have any e-mail account with Webnode, you can add multiple
alternative email addresses for mail received in your account to be
forwarded other chosen e-m...
What is a "Page Not found (Error 404)" used for?
The "Page not found" (or Error 404) message is shown when the browser
cannot display the requested page for any...
1. Open Outlook 2010 and click File -> Info -> Add Account.
2. Enter the e-mail account you created (eg: email@example.com).
3. Enter the password that you...
Once you've created your new email account on Webnode
you can set it up also for your An...
1. END USERS (B2C)
According to the VAT on eCommerce Directive (2006/112/EC amended by
directive 2008/8/EC) of the European Commission, Webnode is obligated
This feature allows you to backup the content of your website. You
will love this feature, especially if you accidentally delete a page
or some important conten...
After a Premium Package expires your project administration section is
blocked for 30 days and you can not edit your website unless you
either select the free d...
This depends on the payment method. If you want to have your services
activated immediately (please note domain registration can take up to
48 hours), we recomm...
Your date of birth is one part of the required information needed for
most domain registrars or administrators. This information is used to
verify your identity...
Writing texts is very important when creating your site. With the
Webnode text editor your can simply edit text just like in any text
editor (Word, Writer, etc....