Identity and contact details of your personal data controller:
Webnode AG, ID CH - 170.3.036.124-0, based in Limmatquai 112, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland, contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(collectively also referred to as "Webnode" or "we"),
1. Webnode as the controller of personal data
Webnode acts as a personal data controller in relation to the Personal Information of Users and individuals visiting the Webnode website.
Why do we process personal information? In order to comply with the contract or fulfill legal obligations, Webnode collects personal data obtained from the User when filling out the contact, registration, order, payment and invoicing forms on our site.
Webnode further processes the data it receives from the User and other individuals using Webnode or visiting our website:
- Cookies (Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your device to save necessary information required for the proper functionality of our technology. We use several cookies for user authentication, user preferences, and monitoring the performance of our marketing campaigns. You can delete or disable cookies but please note that it will prevent you from using our technology.)
- Log files (IP address or other online identifiers)
How long do we process personal data? User's personal data are processed for the duration of the contractual relationship and subsequently for the time necessary to ensure the safety of the service and the fulfillment of the obligations arising from the special legal regulations.
2. Webnode as the processor of personal data
Webnode provides the user with data space for the purposes of storing data on Webnode servers. Data of the User may also include personal data of other natural persons (data subjects). In relation to these personal data, Webnode acts as a personal data processor. The User acts as a controller of the personal data. Under Article 28 of the GDPR and Article 10a of the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act ("FADP"), the controller and processor (Webnode) conclude a Data Processing Contract, which is available here.
What is the purpose of processing and how do we handle the data? Webnode does not interfere with the User's data and does not change them, disclose them, give access to them or pass them on to third parties (except making them available to state authorities in accordance with the law), except for their storage on Webnode servers, unless stipulated otherwise in the Contract. The sole purpose of handling these personal data is their storage and making them available to the User.
3. Recipients and processors of personal data
Webnode does not transmit personal information to any other controllers.
The personal data processors are:
- Companies, or physical business entities engaged in accounting which are responsible for carrying out accounting operations
- companies, or business IT entrepreneurs who are responsible for implementing IT administration and the development of software programs used by Webnode
- Companies, or business-to-business individuals providing server services that are in charge of storing data
- Companies providing payment services
- Companies providing e-mail messaging services
- Companies providing domain registration services
- Companies providing authentication services via social media platforms
Personal data may be made available to state authorities under certain conditions.
4. Rights of data subjects
As a data subject are entitled to: a) the right of access; b) the right to rectification; c) the right to erasure; d) the right to restriction of processing; e) the right to object to processing; f) the right to data portability; g) the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority; h) the right to information concerning the rectification or erasure of personal data or processing restrictions; i) the right to be informed in the event of a breach of security of personal data; j) the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data.
You may revoke your consent at any time in writing and redeem the other rights of the Subject by sending your request to the email address email@example.com
This section applies only to California Residents ("Consumers", as defined in California Civil Code [1798.100 - 1798.199])
If you use Webnode Services and you are a Resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), provides you with certain rights that only apply to information where Webnode is a “Business” as defined in CCPA. This section does not apply to information that Webnode collected about you in the role of an employee, owner, contractor, government agency, or a non-profit organization.
Webnode does not sell nor disclose your Personal Information for commercial purposes to third parties, as defined in CCPA. Webnode does not sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information of your Users you might receive as a controller and Webnode processes them as per Data Processing Contract.
As a California resident, you can request us to provide you with access to the specific pieces and categories of personal information collected by Webnode about you prior to your request as a California Resident. You may also request us to delete your Personal Information Webnode collected prior to your request. However, in order to provide you with Services, certain Personal Information is necessary (email address). If you request a complete deletion of your information, we might not be able to provide you with services to their full extent anymore.
If you want to make any request regarding your Personal Information as a California Citizen, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us a message with the subject line “California Removal Request”.
Webnode does not and will not discriminate against California residents for exercising their rights.